Turkey Lettuce Wraps
• butter, bib, or green leaf lettuce
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 clove garlic, crushed & minced
• 2 carrots, shredded
• small nub of fresh ginger, grated
• 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
• 2 tbsp coconut aminos
• salt & pepper to taste
• sriracha, green onion (optional)
Paleo/Peanut Free Hoisin Sauce:
• 4 tbsp coconut aminos
• 2 tsp fish sauce
• 2 tsp coconut sugar
• 1 tsp rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp chinese five spice
1. Brown the ground turkey with a bit of your favorite cooking oil, adding in the carrots, garlic, and ginger right before its finished browning. When the carrots have softened a little, add the water chestnuts, coconut aminos, salt, & pepper.
2. While your filling is cooking, combine all the ingredients for the hoisin sauce and whisk until well blended.
3. Spoon the filling into the lettuce leaves and top with hoisin sauce, sriracha, and green onion.